If your garage door is starting to look a bit bruised and battered, it may be time to consider a stylish replacement. There are plenty of modern options on the market from roller shutter doors to a variety of insulated models. Garage doors aren’t once size fits all, so it is better to consult with a company who offer bespoke services.
Here are some factors to consider when buying new garage doors.
When choosing garage doors, it is important to select a model which provides outstanding security features. As a homeowner, selecting a garage door which is robust, and sturdy should be one of your main priorities. Most modern roller shutter doors come equipped with state of the art technology that makes code copying virtually impossible. These units have special features which ensure the code changes every time you use the door, so gaining access for a criminal is extremely difficult unless they have the actual remote. The amount of combinations an electric garage door holds is almost endless, making copying or breaking the code near impossible.
If you’ve young children or pets in your home, it is especially important to purchase a garage door that has several safety features. You can buy garage doors with safety sensors that stop the unit from operating once they detect an obstacle in their way. These features are a must with children and pets around the home, they tend not to pay attention and could easily get caught underneath a heavy garage door without safety sensors. Safety doors are great because you don’t have to worry as much as you would with manually operated doors or doors without sensors. If a child, object or pet gets in the way of the closing track, the unit automatically shuts off.
When choosing a garage door, there are several different options. So, depending on your lifestyle and the climate you live in, certain doors will fit your home better than others.
- Many homeowners who are focused mainly on aesthetics tend to opt for wood doors or doors with a wood finish. This material can really enhance your property’s curb appeal giving it a chic, exclusive look. If you choose a wooden door, be prepared to give it more attention than other materials.
- Steel doors are one of the most popular because they are low maintenance and affordable.
- Fibreglass is robust and durable but can get damaged when exposed to cold weather.
- Aluminium is another popular choice in the UK, it is rust resistant and comes in a variety of colours, it is also great for rainy climates.
- Another option is vinyl, this material is relatively new, and most homeowners have yet to purchase this type of material.
When choosing new garage doors, it is important to consider a wide variety of factors. You’ll require something that suits your specific needs, a unit that comes at an affordable price yet offers additional benefits. Think about the type of material you’d like to purchase and pick one which gives added functionality and style.